- Make sure to follow us on Twitter at PHSGuidance3 for the most recent updates from our department!
- The Guidance Department is pleased to announce the Marking Period 4 Honor Roll/High Honor Roll recipients!
Attention students - If there are any schedule changes you would like to make for next school year, please see your school counselor before leaving for summer break. The counselors will not be making any elective changes after June 14th. Changes will only be made for the following reasons, as stated below (2019-2020 Course of Study page 11).
- CRITERIA FOR CHANGING STUDENT SCHEDULES
Schedule changes may be considered for the following reasons:
- The correction of a clerical error in the schedule (i.e. a missing course, a conflict between two or more courses, or not having the appropriate prerequisite).
- A recommendation from the Child Study Team.
- A student is repeating a course with the same teacher he/she previously had.
- A student wishing to take additional courses, in place of a Study Hall, which do not entail the dropping of any other courses.
XII. CRITERIA FOR DROPPING OR ADDING A COURSE
SCHEDULE CHANGES WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Course content or standards differing from student expectations.
- Dropping a course because it is not needed for graduation.
- Inability of a student to relate well to a given teacher.
- Preference for some other subject. Level changes may be accommodated at the discretion.
*If a student is scheduled for 37.5 – 40 credits, they may drop an elective for a study hall.
If you have any questions, please see your counselor.